Disclaimer

NOTE: I cannot be held accountable for any syntax or grammatical errors present in below posts. I went to medical school and have subsequently forgotten 90% of how to correctly read/write in English. Thank you for your understanding :)

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Our latest adventures

This is my first week on call at the hospital here in New Mexico, and as such, I'm chained to I have to stay within the city limits of Alamogordo.  Translation-bike rides become trainer rides, and runs are loops around the neighborhood.  No complaining though; I'm still thankful for each day that my knees allow me to do these things :-).  Plus, my first week of call has consisted of newborn nursery every morning, and a total of ONE call from the ER for a kid with a pneumonia! 

Since we basically had a weekend at home, I decided it was time to get started on the back porch.  Little J has been asking for a screened in porch since we got here, as our lovely neighbors are avid mosquitophiles and think its ok to leave standing pools of water in their backyard.  But they are a whole topic on their own; lets focus on the porch!




After J helped me stain the wood, she got started on a project of her own:




I didn't quite finish yesterday, but did manage to get most of the framing up and the door installed.  Today should go by much quicker :-)

1 comment:

  1. okay Jerms...I am so impressed. I just showed Dave this- hoping to inspire him. (yea right, huh?)

    ReplyDelete