Disclaimer

NOTE: I cannot be held accountable for any syntax or grammatical errors present in below posts. I went to medical school and have subsequently forgotten 90% of how to correctly read/write in English. Thank you for your understanding :)

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I haven't written in almost seven weeks.  Actually, I haven't done much of anything in almost seven weeks.  Some people have been known to have post-Ironman depression.  Definitely not a problem here!  I had no problem putting the workouts on hold and enjoying some other things for a few weeks.  I managed to make a couple of trips to the ski slopes;  I spent countless hours and days playing my latest game on my playstation (Joy was thrilled with this one);  I got back to playing my drums;  spent some time at home visiting the fams; and slept in :-)  Total times I rode my bike in the last 7 weeks--two.  Total times I got in the pool in the last 7 weeks--seven.  I did run 2-3 times a week, but nothing too strenuous.  And it's exactly what I needed.  I started my training plan for Ironman Coeur D'Alene today, and I did it will a full set of batteries--physically and mentally.  I'm excited and enthusiastically looking forward to see what I can do this time around. 




All of this is fine and good, but even more exciting--I'm gonna be a daddy!  I know most of my posts tend to revolve around my training, but ever since I first saw that cute little baby, I wouldn't say I could care less about triathlon, because I do love it, but it definitely makes me realize it's not all that important in the grand scheme of things.  I find myself thinking about what kind of dad am I gonna be, how can I be the best dad and husband that I can be-stuff like that.  I'm eagerly counting down the days until we meet him!!

2 comments:

  1. Great post. It's so cool when you realize something that was important isn't, not because it wasn't a worthy pursuit, but because something more important comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the baby! I know what you mean about being okay with time off. I couldn't wait until I could sit on my ass again for a while. Now it's back to the ol' grind stone.

    ReplyDelete