Disclaimer

NOTE: I cannot be held accountable for any syntax or grammatical errors present in below posts. I went to medical school and have subsequently forgotten 90% of how to correctly read/write in English. Thank you for your understanding :)

Monday, April 9, 2012

Where's my motivation?

Seven more long runs.  Seven more long rides.  I keep repeating this to myself, ONLY SEVEN more of each.  Its not working.  Ever since my little man came into our lives, my desire to do this Ironman has been pretty much at zero.  I've skipped maybe half of my workouts the past three weeks.  And I don't like being tired all the time, because this takes away from my play time with Hunter.  And I don't like being gone for all those hours training ON TOP of being gone all day at work.  I purchased the plane tickets to Spokane this weekend, to try and get myself motivated--if I've spent the money then surely I'll be more into it.  Nope, didn't work.  Of course I did have a pretty intense week of training last week, and I ran my 17 miler tonight that I missed last weekend, so I know my fatigue is playing a large part in my current blahness.  I watched one of my motivational clips about HTFU on youtube, which did cheer me up a little.  WARNING to family members--there is a lot of profanity in this video, so you may want to skip it!  :-)  OK enough bellyaching on my part-its bedtime!  I'm sure I'll be back to my usual chipper self in a couple of days, good night and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment