Disclaimer

NOTE: I cannot be held accountable for any syntax or grammatical errors present in below posts. I went to medical school and have subsequently forgotten 90% of how to correctly read/write in English. Thank you for your understanding :)

Monday, January 10, 2011

I hate running

While at home for the holidays two weeks ago, I came across an old essay I'd written in 4th grade.  It's titled 'My Most Embarrassing Moment,' and it goes like this:

     My most embarrassing moment was when I was in a bike marathon and I got a flat.  Somebody said, "You quit."  "No, I got a flat," I said.  Soon we got back from where we started and my mom said, "You get a flat?"  "Yep," I said.  Because we knew my tire was warped.  And that was my most embarrassing moment.

After yesterday's run, I decided to write a blog along the same lines as my essay in 4th grade, entitled "I Hate Running."

I hate running.  The End.

This was my original draft, but after a day to reflect and calm down, I felt that I could come up with something better.  Here's the second draft.

I hate running.  I ran for 12 miles and then I got back where I started.  It sucked.  And that was my worst run ever.  The End. 


Seriously, though, I know(hope) that its just part of the tapering, and I did have an awesome 16 mile run just ONE WEEK ago, so it's not like I lost all my fitness in the past 7 days.  But I still can't help but feel less than confident going into my race this weekend.  I have really slacked off the last 6 weeks and missed some key workouts, but I have put in a ton of miles(for me), and that's gotta count for something, right?  I'm just ready for this weekend to hurry up and get here, so I can do it already!




     

3 comments:

  1. Can I edit your essay? I think it would be more accurate to say, "I ran for 9 miles and then walked 3 and then got back to where I started." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should read my TP entry for a 10 miler I did last week. we all have those days for sure. ;) no worries- part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I think you're ready. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete