Disclaimer

NOTE: I cannot be held accountable for any syntax or grammatical errors present in below posts. I went to medical school and have subsequently forgotten 90% of how to correctly read/write in English. Thank you for your understanding :)

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Five months already??

To start with, this blog is really nothing more than a thinly veiled excuse to post baby pics.  I will try to provide a little bit of story, but basically, just look at my cute baby! :-)

First, a short bit on my training, or lack thereof.  It's been seven weeks since my Ironman, and I did absolutely zero training for the first three weeks after it.  This was followed by three weeks of, eh, I'm not really feeling it today, I'll just do something tomorrow.  Which led to three weeks of about 3-4 hours of exercise.  This last week I finally had to buckle down though, as I do have another race scheduled to end my season with next month.  As I'd like to not totally bomb it, I actually put in a shocking 8 hours of training this week(Gasp).  Believe me, it was hard after the last six weeks.

OK enough of the boring stuff--here's what I've spent most of my spare time doing!


This is Hunter's FAVORITE thing to do--ride in the Bjorn.  I come home from work everyday, change clothes, and in he goes.  He LOVES it!  As soon as he sees me pick it up to start putting it on he smiles really big and starts flailing those arms and legs.  We walk around the house, go out to the garden, help mommy cook dinner, and sit with the cats on the porch.  Usually he's babbling or shrieking with excitement.  And he loves to dance with mommy!  We'll help with dinner prep, and usually have the music playing, and he gets so tickled when she stops and comes over to see him and dance. 


Notice the glazed eyes, slouched position, and small amount of drool on the chin?  According to Joy this is Daddy's classic watching TV pose.  He learns quickly.



Lounging in the recliner watching the Olympics.  Wait, walking is an Olympic sport??



I would really like to taste you, but I can't seem to get any closer to you...  And look at those chunky arms!


Daddy, you think YOU'VE had a long day...after countless reps of putting my feet in my mouth and all that tummy time that Mommy made me do I am just exhausted...


Must.  Eat.  Everything.

I can't believe its been five months!  It's truly been so amazing watching my little guy grow and learn new things, as well as starting to show his personality.  There are times when I think he is just like me, and others where I think he couldn't be more like Joy.  Hopefully he'll end up with the better qualities of both of us :-) 

5 comments:

  1. It is amazing to me how much he looks like both of you. So adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the excuse to check out your adorable baby pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That "TV pose" with the drool, glazed look, etc is called "milk drunk" at our house and, based on the looks of our kiddos, there is no better place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like y'all are in a great family rhythm. He's changed so much in 6 weeks. Can't wait to see him again (and his parents, too)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love these baby pictures (and the commentary)! :)

    ReplyDelete