Disclaimer

NOTE: I cannot be held accountable for any syntax or grammatical errors present in below posts. I went to medical school and have subsequently forgotten 90% of how to correctly read/write in English. Thank you for your understanding :)

Friday, February 22, 2013

Hanging On

39 days.  As of today, that's how many working days I have left here at Holloman.  That's not counting my 5 days of outprocessing, that's just days I have left in clinic doing my job.  I found out this week that I won't be getting my two full months of terminal leave that had been promised to me for the last 6 months; instead I'll be getting half that, so we are stuck here until May 31st.  And I should feel lucky that I'm getting that, so I'm told.  And that additional leave that I had saved up-forget about using it, the Air Force will be glad to 'buy it back'; after taxing it first, of course. 

I have much more to say about my time here and the people I've worked with and for, but I'm saving that book post for a little later on. 

I lead with the above just to say please pray for me.  Pray that I make it through the next three months of what has become a very malignant working environment; pray that I keep my spirits up; pray that I can leave work at work and come home each night and enjoy my family; pray that I can keep my cool and just ride the storm out. 

And now, so this post won't be a total bummer, let's take a look at what makes everything I do put up with worthwhile.
Saturday morning naps

 Mommy's Little Helper

Having fun at White Sands National Park


Until next time, cheers!

 

3 comments:

  1. Hey! okay, I am putting it on paper. My prayers for you and how this will all be worth it: some fantastic, solo years with just Joy alone which will strengthen your marriage for years to come, a legacy for your son that you did serve your country in the military (Which is pretty awesome, by the way), and starting off your new life with less debt. Can't wait till you guys move closer!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course we can't wait until y'all are here! But we'll be praying that your remaining time is enjoyable, especially the time away from the clinic, when you can all spend these last months in the beautiful desert/mountains and enjoying really incredible Mexican food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, great pics! Wait, is that Flat in that last one? :)

    ReplyDelete