Disclaimer

NOTE: I cannot be held accountable for any syntax or grammatical errors present in below posts. I went to medical school and have subsequently forgotten 90% of how to correctly read/write in English. Thank you for your understanding :)

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Little bit of this, little bit of that

As my wife pointed out in a recent post, I've fallen off the blogging bandwagon.  She's right, I have. I suck at writing.  Joy does not.  I write what I think is a great post, then go and read her last two or three posts and throw my hands up in the air. Her posts are STORIES, man.  They have a point.  They're funny and insightful.  Mine are just word salad.  Not even the edible kind.  It's more like the stale, limp, kinda slimy word salad that's been sitting on the back of the shelf for a few too many days.  But i digress...

We've now been in little rock for two months, and there are so many things to write about that trying to cram it all into one post is ludicrous.  But I've never been one to shy away from a challenge, so get ready for another onslaught of my train of thought :-).(yes that rhymes, and yes I thought I was pretty witty coming up with that, so BACK OFF!)

The first five weeks here I was gratefully not working, which gave us plenty of time to get unpacked and settled in our beautiful new house.  All the boxes have been unpacked put in closets, furniture has been arranged, rugs have been placed, and things are more or less where they belong.  

Home ownership has brought on more honeydo projects than I could have imagined.  An older house needing some updating, i could understand.  But it's a brand new house!  Luckily I never have to tackle anything alone, as I've got a partner who loves working with tools almost as much as I do.
Measure twice, cut once daddy.


I think we need the 3 1/2 inch bolt...


Sweet!  I can use this drill on EVERYTHING!


You missed a spot, here, let me get it.

As far as racing goes, I pretty much took last October through this June off.  I trained for about three weeks and did a sprint in April, but otherwise, nada.  I literally swam once a month--if that.  I probably averaged one bike ride and one run a week through those nine months.  Put on a few pounds and put a lot of time into getting through those last few months in New Mexico with my sanity intact, getting ready for the move here, and just general life stuff.  However, I did start a nine week training plan to get ready for the Redman Half in Oklahoma City on Sept 21st.  There's a great group of triathletes here and I've been able to tag along on some group rides, and it has been SO NICE.

O yeah, the JOB.  Man, I can't express how much I love my new job.  As many of you out there(crickets chirping) know, my three years at Holloman were frustrating to say the least.  Surrounded by incompetence and having people with less education, much less intelligence, little to no common sense and no moral compass telling me how to do MY job and run MY clinic--well, you can imagine how well that went over with me.  But like all things, it did finally, wonderfully, come to an end :-).  On May 31st I drove off that base for the last time, and for the next thirteen hours on the road to Little Rock, I never stopped smiling.  I suddenly felt a thousand pounds lighter.  But back to the new job.  It's so great working with a group of people with similar ideals.  The nurses are amazing, as are all the other staff, from the front desk to phones to billing and lab and research.  They all do their jobs very well.  And not only that, but they all go out of their way to make sure my job is as easy as possible! Novel concept, huh?  Totally different experience compared to my previous place of employment.  And to top it all off, I have a four day work week, with Wednesdays off, which is HUGE for me as it gives me another whole day each week to spend with H and J.  

Of course I can't finish my post without pitting just a few more pics up of my sweet boy, so here are some randoms from the past few weeks.
Nom nom nom


Showing Mammo his art


Chillin with E


Helping Daddy get Mommy's bike ready for Muncie 70.3

Dad, you've GOT to see this!

Beach time!

Until next time my friends!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Jeremy! I can't wait to come to Little Rock to visit. And Joy is doing a pretty good job of convincing me to move there... Ha!

    Enjoy Redman Half - it's a really great venue and well organized race. I was a spectathlete for that one, so I can't say how the course was, but I had fun watching!

    ReplyDelete