Disclaimer

NOTE: I cannot be held accountable for any syntax or grammatical errors present in below posts. I went to medical school and have subsequently forgotten 90% of how to correctly read/write in English. Thank you for your understanding :)

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Deja Vu

Feeling a little depressed and defeated tonight.  I wrote in my last post briefly about having some foot pain.  Since that time I've had a few more days to heal and recover, as well as ponder on possible causes of the pain.  One night this week, lying in bed unable to sleep, it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I've had this type of pain before.  I sat straight up in bed--literally.  November 5th, 1998.  Sophmore year of college, during a fast break drill at basketball practice, I got bumped while shooting a jump shot and came down awkwardly.  Felt like a minor sprain at the time, but quickly became much more.  I won't bore you with all the details--those of you who know me well know the story.  But it wasn't until the season was over, and I'd played and practiced EVERY DAY for six months with debilitating pain, before I finally was diagnosed correctly--and scheduled for surgery that very next week.

For those of you that want to google it, Os Trigonum syndrome, or Posterior Talar Impingement, is what I had then--and I'm pretty certain I've got it in the other foot now. 

I've felt pretty good most of the week pain wise.  As long as I take it easy, walk slow and don't get carried away I'm good.  Hunter wanted to go strolling today, so I loaded him up and pushed him around the neighborhood scouting for puppies, garbage trucks,and anything else he might find interesting.  I spent the rest of the day with an aching foot and a slight hitch in my step.

So off I go to the ortho doc on Wednesday.  My biggest concern is that I won't be able to convince him that this is what he needs to be worried about.  I really just need to get the MRI or bone scan--his preference--so we can get this show on the road.  I'm afraid he's gonna put me in a boot for six weeks, and go the conservative route.

So come Wednesday afternoon, if you happen to remember, say a prayer that my doc isn't a total retard (yes, a fair number of my colleagues are retarded.  IMO its WAAYY too easy to get into medical school these days, but that's a whole different conversation).  Pray that we can skip all the conservative nonsense and get down to business.

Looking forward, I purchased Joy and Hunter's plane tickets to come cheer me on at Ironman 70.3 Texas in Galveston next April.  Southwest had some ridonculous deals this week, I got both their round-trip tickets for 300 bucks-TOTAL. 

I leave you with another pic of my buddy, who got to see one of his favorite farm animals again today-he loves him some billy goat!  Take care!



1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your foot- keep us updated and wishing you the best :)

    ReplyDelete