Disclaimer

NOTE: I cannot be held accountable for any syntax or grammatical errors present in below posts. I went to medical school and have subsequently forgotten 90% of how to correctly read/write in English. Thank you for your understanding :)

Monday, October 14, 2013

Harwood Home Makeover continued

Not a lot of words to this post;  mostly just lots of pics of what we've been doing around the house.  

Something that's been in the works for a while, and still in progress, is the side of our house.  The ugly AC units as well as the garbage cans reside there.  So we decided to put up some lattice to make it a little more appealing.  Here are a few pics:

Daddy's #1 Helper










As you can see we get a lot of water runoff from the lot next to us.  Which washed away our sod prior to moving in. So we are now putting in a stone walkway along the side of the house. And Joy added some climbing plants to the lattice, so it's coming along nicely.

Daddy, this stone is a little loose here

Joy's wonderfully creative mind also came up with a pretty cool idea for a wall-hanging-cubby-sort-of-thing to put next to the door.  She wanted something to put the mail in, have a place to hang keys, glasses, and hats, as well as someplace to put watches, garmins, headphones, etc.  Right now all this stuff takes up countertop space in the kitchen.  She laid out the plans, and then I set to work trying to build it.










We also bought some bookcases from Ikea to make our own "built-ins" for the entertainment/playroom downstairs.  It's all done except for the final painting. 










Next up, a planter made out of the 2x4's we salvaged-and moved 1000 miles-from our house's porch in New Mexico.  Oh, and apparently a porch swing too...

On a training note, after my disappointing Half IM last month, I decided to train for a half-marathon this winter to work on my run a bit.  My first run after my race I did some mile repeats and developed a pain in my right heel.  Didn't think much of it, it seemed pretty minor.  Continued to run, and had some great training runs, over the next two weeks, but it slowly has worsened.  After my track workout last Friday morning, I limped through clinic all day, in some pretty severe pain.  Pretty sure I've got a case of retrocalcaneal bursitis, as there's really nothing else in the area other than my Achilles insertion and my calcaneus, and both those seem fine.  So I've done nothing but eat and get fat for the last 3 days, and it has improved a lot-I actually walked around all day today with no limp or hitch to my step.  But I can still tell that its there.  I'm supposed to be doing a 5K this Saturday, but I don't plan on running before then, and I may likely walk the 5K with the rest of my co-workers from the clinic instead of racing it--we'll just see how the week goes.  I'd much rather just shut it down now and be healthy come January than try to push through and get to January with some nagging injury.  I should be able to start running again in a couple of weeks, so a December half marathon is still doable; probably not PRable though.  Anyway, enough rambling, have a good one friends, and I leave you with a picture of my best bud!


1 comment:

  1. You're such a surprisingly good carpenter! I'm so impressed and thankful! I'll dream up some more creations to keep you occupied soon :)

    ReplyDelete